DINNER FOR 8
- What is Dinner for Eight? Dinner for Eight is a great way to meet folks from church that you may not already know. Groups plan their own meals and get together once a month star ng in September for four consecu ve months. You share meals at par cipants’ homes or at local restaurants. The emphasis is on fun and fellowship, so you don't have to be a gourmet cook.
- How does a Dinner for Eight Group work? Fill out this form and return it to the church o ce. Once groups are formed, a Group Coordinator will be selected for each group. The Group Coordinator will contact members to arrange the details for the rst gathering. It is highly recommended that future gatherings are scheduled during your rst night together.
- Who cooks the meals? It's potluck! The host can make the main dish, and oth- er par cipants will bring sides or desserts. Potluck dinners are also a good way to simplify meal planning and distribute costs equally among everyone in the group. Some groups may also choose to visit local restaurants or other venues.
- How are the Dinner for Eight groups formed? As Dinner for Eight groups are formed, our goal will be to put people together so that each group has, at most, eight adults. Groups may be comprised of all couples, two couples and four singles, one couple and six singles, etc. It all depends on who signs up. The mystery is part of this ministry's excitement!
- What about families with children? Your group will determine the answer here, bearing in mind that your preference for the kind of group you are interested in will have been taken into account ini ally.
- What happens a er our last gathering? Hopefully, you will have had a reward- ing experience and look forward to similar experiences at Crosspoint. A er the last gathering, you may decide to sign up for another round of Dinner for Eight with a di erent group of folks, or your group may wish to stay intact and con nue as a small group. If you choose to stay together as a small group, the pastor can provide resources to help you add elements of study and service to your small group and to con nue to deepen the fellowship you have already established. Please turn in your forms by August 27th.